Aztec Healing Clay
Indigenous peoples from all around the world have long discovered the healing benefits of clays and muds local to their region. One of the most common types of clays found all over the globe is Bentonite Clay, also known as Aztec Clay. Combined with mineral-rich botanicals that are grown naturally in North America, we have created a blend that honours the First Nations knowledge of our lands, and their wealth of understanding about the world around us with its many natural health benefits.
Aztec Clay Mask Benefits
- Works to combat acne and blemishes
- Cleans out pores
- Detoxifies for clear, glowing complexions
- Tightens skin for reduced appearance of fine lines
- Reduces the appearance of skin tones and dark spots
- Clearer, and smoother skin
This sandstone coloured dry clay formula is derived from volcanic ash and will refresh and revitalize tired dull skin. The formula is fragrance-free, and contains no additives, pollutants or impurities. This ancient clay is baked by the sun and compounded into finely crushed powder, ready for your apothecary magic. Just mix with water or our custom Hydrosols for a custom wet mask experience.
Each pouch contains 50grams of dry powdered blend, or 10-15 applications.
- Liquorice Root is soothing to agitated skin and helps even out skin tone and texture. Containing a compound called Glabridin, it is a potent antioxidant.
- Plantain Leaf contains Aucubin and Tannins imparting astringent properties. These emollient and soothing mucilages create a protective layer on agitated skin.
- Dandelion Root is rich in antioxidants and has anti-aging benefits for the skin. This botanical can also help to nourish the skin by reducing fine lines and wrinkles and toning unbalanced skin.
Suitable for all skin types, our Aztec clay mask formula comes in a cool zippered pouch with a complimentary soft branded brush for easy and even mask coverage for limited waste.
Directions for Use
Mix 1 tsp of dry formula with .5 tsp of water or our organic hydrosols until the powder becomes a paste*
Apply with the application brush to a freshly washed and dried face and enjoy the unique tightening, pulsing experience
Let dry 10 minutes
Rinse with warm water, pat dry and apply facial oil to lock-in hydration
Repeat once a week or as use as a spot treatment on blemishes.
* Avoid mixing Aztec clay formula with a metal spoon or in a metal container, as clays will absorb metal toxins when activated with liquid. Use glass, pottery, or wooden containers and the enclosed brush so that your clay is primed to absorb the toxin build-up in your skin only!
*A bit of redness on the skin after using this mask is normal due to increased circulation and will typically disappear within 30 minutes.
Curious about Mudology’s other products? Shop our Catalogue for wet and dry formula masks infused with botanicals and all things natural.